Sunday, February 05, 2006

Bus signs

For the first time visitor, those signs may not be as easy to notice as they are for the locals. Sometimes, and not for every bus stop in the city, the signs are in a very bad shape as shown in the photo. Usually they "hang" up on telegraphic posts. Often bent in 2, it is hard to read the number on them. Not all the bus stops have this kind of marking, and the traditional bus stops, like a covered shelter, have the buses numbers clearly stated on the front.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michael Blamey said...

You have to like a city with other priorities than sign maintenance

2/05/2006 01:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Karine said...

I agree Michael, this is just a detail ;)It kind of stroke me at the beginning, but now I got used to them, and in some way I like them. They're part of Buenos Aires'landscape.

2/05/2006 01:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Eric said...

This is cool and unusual. Seems a bit overkill to me, but you won't miss the sign if you don't know where the bus stops! It's interesting to see how something as simple as a bus stop can be different from country to country.

2/05/2006 10:04:00 AM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Then you have to hope you don't catch the bus going in the opposite direction.

2/05/2006 12:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Karine said...

You should wait until I post pictures about the Argentinian buses. Not only the buses signs are "original", wait till you see what the buses look like. I find them absolutely captivating. You'll see...

2/05/2006 06:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Dean Harvey said...

hi - I've started a daily photo from Brighton

http://brightondailyphoto.blogspot.com

I've placed a link to your site (which I love) - if you like my website I'd love a link back as well.

Thanks

Dean

2/05/2006 09:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Karine said...

Sure think Dean. You are now linked to my site. Best to Brighton daily!!

2/05/2006 09:32:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home