Monday, February 13, 2006

Local police guy looking at sweets in front of a kiosko. This kind of kiosko is commonly found in Buenos Aires. Usually inside shopping galleries or facing the street. The kind of sweets one can find is incredible. This is maybe why he's figuring out what to take ;) Un policier comtemplant les bonbons qui s'offrent a lui. Ce genre de kiosque est frequent a Buenos Aires. Normalement situe a l'interieur de galerie-boutiques ou donnant acces sur la rue, la variete de bonbons que l'on peut y trouver est impressionnante. C'est peut etre la raison pour laquelle il se demande bien ce qu'il va choisir ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

He does look a bit hypnotised. How do you feel about taking photos of people? I ask because I do quite a lot of "spying" type shots. Most people don't seem to mind. If I think the situation is delicate then I ask them if they mind- I've only been told "no" a couple of times.

2/13/2006 02:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Karine said...

Bob- the truth is that I can't remember how I did with this picture. I took it a year ago. I usually have my Canon hanging around my neck ;) and just press click without looking in the objective (not for all pix of course). Does not work all the time though. Otherwise I do like you, take the pic from the distance, play with the zoom, and that's it.

2/13/2006 03:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Maya said...

Good and funny shot! :-) The funny and interesting part of this photo is that...why 'most' cops everywhere really like to hang out at donut shops or candy shops a lot..they're not supposed to eat lots of sugar and fatty things, don't you think?. They got a tough job out there to protect all of us. They gotta be in shape, focus and ready to run fast at anytime...not getting sugar high and too fat to catch over bad guys ;-P You brought it up, Karine...:-)

2/14/2006 07:15:00 AM

 
Blogger Pamela said...

Good question Bob. I tend to avoid taking pictures of identifiable people because of the issues (I'm not going about with model release forms). However, I was discussing this with my Canarian neigbour and she said that she tought that most people around here would be perfectly happy to photographed.

I think anyone would be "spoilt for choice" with that many chocolate options available. I'd be tempted to take one of each. :)

2/15/2006 09:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home