Friday, February 17, 2006

Mc Donald Kosher anyone ?

Estimated Jewish population in Buenos Aires: 250,000. In the top twelve Jewish populations in the world ranking, Argentina comes in 7th position. I had no idea, they Jewish population was that important in Argentina. One day, while visiting a mall in Buenos Aires, I faced the following McDonald's. It got me by surprise, since it was my first time to see a McDonald's Kosher. Since then, I looked into the Jewish population ranking to give you those estimates ;) I always told myself I gotta try that one time, which I still never did, but it is on my list of things to do here :)) especially since Argentinian meat is known to be the best in the world (which I absolutely confirm), the Kosher meat must be something.. La population Juive a Buenos Aires est estimee a 250,000. Parmi les douze populations juives principales au monde, l'Argentine arrive en 7eme position. Je n'avais pas la moindre idee que la population Juive etait aussi important en Argentine. Un jour, alors que je visitais une galerie marchande a Buenos Aires, je me suis retrouvee nez a nez avec ce Mc Donald's. Ca m'a surpris car c'etait la premiere fois que je voyais un Mc Donald's Kosher. Depuis ce jour la, j'ai examiné le rang mondial de la population juive, pour vous donner ces évaluations. Je me suis toujours dit que je devais au moins essayer ca une fois, ce que je n'ai toujours pas fait, mais ca fait parti de ma liste de choses a faire a Buenos Aires :)) Surtout que l'Argentine est reputee pour avoir la meilleure viande au monde (ce que je tiens a confirmer), la viande Kosher doit donc valoir la peine..

11 Comments:

Blogger San Francisco Daily Photo said...

Hmm... let me know how it is... (not too excited by the prospect)

Manuel

2/17/2006 02:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Hi Karine

Interesting. I've never seen one before either, but it wouldn't be likely in Barcelona. Great shot!

2/17/2006 02:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Karine said...

I will let u know as soon as I try it, which should be sometimes soon :)
Not even in the States did I see McDonald's Kosher, and we know how big is the Jewish community throughout North America.

2/17/2006 09:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Denton said...

While in Toronto Canada I saw a Sabbath elevator. Sort of unique just like your find.

2/17/2006 10:18:00 PM

 
Blogger heidi said...

so...how does that kosher thing work? isn't the food suppose to be blessed by a Rabbi? How many blessing sold do you think?

2/18/2006 02:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Maya said...

Oh boy..McD did it again! It's great btw for the Jewish in BA, but I'm not convinced that this isn't one of their best PR/publicity and big money campaign or move to get 'everybody' in this planet to eat McD. I don't think they will convince me that they're an ethical-triple bottom line company. That's all I want to say :-) Good post and shot, Karine...thank you.

Have you all read "Food Nation"? That book got me think 1000 more times before eating anything...esp. fast food like McD.

2/18/2006 08:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Lisi said...

Karine, maybe you can take a photo of the meal and share with us...

2/18/2006 01:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Karine said...

Denton - You must have been surprise just as I was when I saw that ;)

It seems that we all think the same about that McDonald's Kosher. As Lisi suggested I will take photos of those meals next time I stop by that mall.
The more I'm talking about this now, the more I want to try it :))

2/18/2006 02:03:00 PM

 
Blogger miss tango in her eyes said...

Does this mean all the burgers are sin queso (cheeseless) and do they serve milkshakes?

2/18/2006 02:13:00 PM

 
Blogger geneline said...

Whatever, we won't get the taste!

2/19/2006 05:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Eric said...

Excellent! I wonder the same as Heidi! I can see a little assemblyline of Rabbi's in the back with netting over their heads blessing the fries, the meat, and complaining that they want to take their lunch break. Good eye Karine.

2/21/2006 02:53:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home