Friday, February 24, 2006

Recoleta cemetery. In an early posting I told you that I will share pictures from inside Recoleta cemetery. Well, here´s a first one. I can't remember whose grave is this one, but what I can say is that that cemetery offers some nice architectural beauties (statues, graves..) and it is worth spending some time wandering around. Cimetiere Recoleta. Il y a quelque temps de ca, je vous ai dit que j´allais telecharger des photos prises au cimetiere Recoleta. En voila une, je ne me rappele pas tres bien a qui appartient ce mausole, mais ce que je peux dire c'est que ce cimetiere regorge de beautes architecturales (statues, mausoles..). Ca vaut la peine de passe un moment a le visiter.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Hi Karine,

Nice shadow behind the candlestick. It must be the tomb of a rich family.

2/24/2006 07:48:00 PM

 
Blogger luggi said...

Wow! Nice pictures. And bilingual. Perfect for learning French for me.

2/24/2006 08:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Karine said...

Bob - I guess you're right. If there are really nice looking one, and on the other side very very crappy one, and I will show this in another posting.

Luggi - Thanks. I hope I can help up practice your French ;)

2/25/2006 12:02:00 AM

 
Blogger miss tango in her eyes said...

It is only the wealthy that are put to rest in Recoleta, although by the state of some of the mausoleums the money has run out.

2/25/2006 02:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Anna said...

C'est magnifique!
(et c'est super aussi que vos post soient aussi en français...merci)

2/25/2006 05:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Karine said...

Tango in her eyes - thanks for your information. I think it explains a lot while some mausoleums look the way they do. I show those later. Thanks again :)

Anna - Merci. Je suis bien contente que cette version en francais serve. Avec plus de temps et d'energie, je crois que je pourrais aussi bien le faire en Castellano ;)

2/25/2006 10:01:00 AM

 
Blogger miss tango in her eyes said...

yes some of them are so creepy, you can see the burial shrouds with stains on them sticking out of the disintegrating coffins....I had the heebie geebies for about 3 hours after seeing that!!!But it is I think the most peaceful place in BA

2/25/2006 08:59:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home