Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Last Saturday, while waiting at a street light on the avenue Cabildo, our nearest big avenue from home, I turned around and then I saw this batch of people. Cabildo gets really crowded on week ends, for shopping, etc. This is why I prefer the nearest smaller streets to make my way home ;) Buenos Aires is a huge city, I like crowd, people, but sometimes it can be too much. Samedi dernier, alors que nous attendions a un croisement pour traverser sur l'avenue Cabildo, je me retourne et c'est alors que j'apercois cette foule. Cabildo, pendant les week ends, il y a beaucoup de passage, pour y faire du shopping, etc. C'est pourquoi je prefere les rues adjacentes, plus calme, pour rentrer chez moi ;) Buenos Aires est une ville enorme, j'aime la foule, les gens, mais des fois, c'est beaucoup trop.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia! said...

in the 90´s it was the top spot to be, everyone, I mean everyone was on cabildo it was caotic...you had to wait in line to get into a shop...but it´s still pretty crowded.. great pic!

3/21/2006 11:40:00 AM

 
Blogger luggi said...

crowded below, crowded above

3/21/2006 11:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Karine said...

Cynthia - you must be kidding!! Was it before more crowded than it is now?? woaaa I'm glad I did not see that. Today's crowd's way enough for me ;)

3/21/2006 12:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

I'd avoid it for shopping. I always get everything in the last minute. Crowds are great for photos. Nice shot

3/21/2006 12:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Vancouver Daily Photo said...

That really is crowded. uite frightening and non-productive. I am an "in and out" shopper. Interesting picture though!

3/21/2006 01:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Lisi said...

Well Karine, this could be very much like Causeway Bay in HK, so...

3/22/2006 05:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Nicola said...

Uh, a lot of people. I usually try to avoid crowds as well and take the smaller alleys.

3/22/2006 06:59:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home