Monday, May 01, 2006

Created in 1979, on the centenary of the arrival of Argentina's first Japenese immigrants, the Japenese Garden is one of the capital's best-kept public spaces. On week ends there are also art expositions and music. This is also the most quiet place of all Buenos Aires - at least for me :) Happy Labor day for those of you celebrating it today, like in Argentina :)) Créé en 1979, pour le centenaire de l'arrivée des premiers immigrants Japonais en Argentine, le Jardin Japonais est l'un des endroits publics le mieux gardé de la capitale. Pendant les week-ends, il y a des expos d'art et de la musique. C'est aussi, pour moi, l'endroit le plus tranquille de Buenos Aires :) Bonne fete du travail a ceux qui le célebrent aujourd'hui, comme en Argentine :))

6 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

Are you off today, then? Happy Labor Day too...we're off here in France,but I'm unlike most people...I've been laboring myself away these past weeks. I want vacation ;-) I'm working this afternoon at my shop...yeah that's the labor day idea for you :-D

5/01/2006 11:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Maya said...

I thought I'd let you know...
From a green link I found out that in the city of Rosario, a few hours from BA your town, there's a museum of contemporary arts...that shows creations of local artist (pillows and bags) that are made out of those usual plastic bags (knitted).

http://www.macromuseo.org.ar/

Very cool :-)

5/01/2006 11:28:00 AM

 
Blogger miss tango in her eyes said...

are the restorations to the pond complete yet?

5/01/2006 11:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Karine said...

Maya-- Thanks for your comments. I will take a look to that Rosario museum. I did not know about it. I don't even know the city of Rosario ;) but for sure I will take a look. Thanks :)

Tango -- All renovations have been completed as far as I've seen :)

5/02/2006 12:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Nicola said...

Sounds like a great place to get away from a busy day!

5/03/2006 08:13:00 AM

 
Blogger marianomatulich@hotmail.com said...

the first japanese garden was in Escobar Prov . Bs As., built in 1963 or 67.
because the most bigger colony of japanese people lived in this town.

6/17/2006 01:32:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home