Friday, May 05, 2006

I should call this one Graffiti Friday ;) This graffiti is actually taking an entire building facade, becoming more detailed and bigger at the corner of the street. I always had been interesting to know to whom its belongs. And then one night, passing by that place, I saw a huge line of youngs all dressed in black. After researching that location on a map, I ended up learning that, the building holds a club called Requiem- a gothic club of course. Je devrais appeler ca le graffiti du Vendredi ;) Ce graffiti s'étend sur toute la longueur de la façade de l'édifice, et les details sont plus nombreux au coin de la rue. Je me suis toujours demandée a qui appartenait cet édifice, et c'est alors qu'un soir, en passant dans le coin, j'ai apercu un foule de jeunes habillés de noir. Aprés avoir recherché l'endroit sur une carte, j'ai appris qu'il habritait un club, Le Requiem- club gothique, bien sur.

13 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

That is beautiful -- seems like the city is vast and old enough you can't know everything about it, it will always have something new or hidden...
L

5/05/2006 08:59:00 AM

 
Blogger Nicola said...

Somehow it works for me, the old building and the graffiti.

5/05/2006 09:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Maya said...

I can tell that you'll be wanting to attend the gothic night at the requiem ;-P soon.

5/05/2006 11:34:00 AM

 
Blogger miss tango in her eyes said...

Yes, perfect place for a goth club. If I were a vampire this is the place I would chose to sleep during the day.

5/05/2006 12:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Seesaw said...

Beautiful door, as for graffiti, I would prefer that door without them.

5/05/2006 01:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Felicia said...

Very interesting contrast with the old door and "new" graffiti. I guess they've made the door their own.
PS: Congrats on your, now, 107th post (I miss a lot during the week)!!!

5/05/2006 09:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

This is a beautiful doorway!!

5/06/2006 05:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Lisi said...

beautiful shot, the graffiti and old door make a different visual effect but it would be a pity if it is a historic building.

5/06/2006 07:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Maya said...

Today is May 6th, since there's no post from our beloved Karine...I'd just like to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, chiquita! :-D Many best wishes, happiness and a piece of mind...I can't wait to see you two in July! Have fun today and this weekend...Gros gros bisous from Antibes

5/06/2006 11:24:00 AM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

I agree with miss tango. The perfect place for a goth club. Nice photo!

5/06/2006 11:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Karine said...

Thanks all for your comments.

I guess I need to go to that club and get pix from the inside now ;) In that sense, Maya, you're not too far from the truth, I'd love to go inside. Seems to be somehow the style of Cat's Club in San Francisco, a little darker though.

5/06/2006 12:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

5/09/2006 09:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

The club is actually about 7 doors away down Mayo by Avenue hostel..just FYI for people who want to go. Its a good club but i rather go to alternativa http://www.alternaclub.com.ar

1/04/2007 01:50:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home